- Content is king. Your source content can be Word, Frame, or DITA. You can even
importconvert other formats such as RoboHelp to Word or Frame and go from there.
- Formats are separate from content and can be customized.
- Combining content is allowed and even encouraged. Mixed content is just fine.
- There are great demos (over an hour’s worth) on the Quadralay web site.
- ePublisher has an extendable XML adapter. This extensibility means that no matter what XML you’re putting in, ePublisher can be extended to understand it.
- You can automate the dickens out of your output build processes and integrate with development’s version control systems and build with the Auto-mapper.
- The WebWorks Wiki (uses MoinMoin engine if you’re wondering) has lots of information and they encourage people to contribute to it.
About Anne Gentle
Anne Gentle is the author of Conversation and Community: The Social Web for Documentation. She works on the OpenStack project now as a Content Stacker, collaborating on community documentation so that any organization can offer cloud computing capabilities using open source software. Read more...